Wednesday 25 March 2015

Creative Blocks

Although I work as a freelance artist and designer, I've always struggled with creative blocks which makes my job particularly difficult. However, I do consider myself to be a creative individual but I find that it takes me a long time to muster up creativity (and usually that ends with me doing a few sketches and then throwing them out. I'm also a very good paper-waster).
However, now that I have three university assignments due at the end of April, and psychology exams at the end of May, obviously, my creative block has passed and all I want to do is create.
It seems like procrastination is the key!

I've been working on a few bits and pieces recently (and have more to come!), but this is currently my main work priority. I've done quite a few portraiture pieces in the past, but it's never been something that I instantly go to. It's usually doughnuts. Or cake. Something baking-based. So I'm currently being my own worst critic.






I need to ink it all, scan it, adjust it, and then hopefully do the same process with some kind of background. I'm looking forward to finishing her up though, I want to see where it goes. I'll be posting a few more images of the process as I'm going!

Also, check out my Behance online portfolio to see more of my HQ work. Find me under HEGehrke!

No comments:

Post a Comment